In the middle of the front and back cover you will find the spine. Don’t forget to design your spine in line with your covers as it is often the only thing you will see of your hard work as most photobooks will at some point stand amongst other books on our shelves!
A good idea is to design the spine in the same colour as the front cover, but maybe you really like to create a specific look on your book shelves – you can design the spine to help you achieve that look. Another option is to wrap a photo over the front and back cover, automatically including the spine when you do that. Or just wrap the photo over the front cover and the spine and create a different look for the back cover.
Don’t forget you can add text to the spine too! Just like any other professionaly designed book on your book shelves it is possible to view the content of your photobooks by just reading the spine.
To add a title to the spine:
- Add a text box to the front cover.
- Double-click to add your title – use the options available to decide on font, font size and text colour.
- Now go to the 4th tab in the inspector (see xxxx) and select the correct angle for the text:
- use 270° if you want to tilt your head to the right to read your spine title when on the book shelves.
- use 90° if you want to tilt your head to the left to read your spine title when on the book shelves.
- Move the text box to the location on the spine where you want the title to be – use the zoom function to make it easier to place the text box in the right area.