Today I am going to show you how to use masks to easily create a different look for your photos.I will use one of the masks (fade box 1) as an example, but they can all be applied the same way!
- Open your photo book and go to an empty page.
- Add a photo to the page (see the short video ‘How to add a photo‘).
- I started with an A4 landscape photo book and added a full page photo to it:
- Click on the tab ‘Masks’ in the Library area at the bottom of your screen. You’ll see many masks appear (there are 32 different masks available!):You can use the scroll bar beneath the masks to view the rest.
- Select the mask you want to use and place your mouse over it. You will see your mouse change to a hand.
- Left-click on the mask and hold whilst you drag the mask to the photo.
- When the mask is above the photo where you want to use it (you can see the photo will have a blue line around it) you can release the mouse.
The mask you selected is now applied to your photo. I selected ‘fade box 1’, so my photo now looks like this:
To remove a mask from a photo:
- Select the photo with the mask.
- Right-click and select ‘Remove Mask’:
Or you can drag ‘None’ to your photo (you can find ‘None’ at the very left-hand side of all the masks).
Below are some examples of what you can do with masks. I have put the plain photo on the left hand side of each page and the same photo with a mask applied on the right hand side of the page so you can see the difference. The name of the mask is written underneath each example.
It is possible to create and add your own masks, I will talk about that another time! (Let me know if you want me to show you how by sending me an email at email@example.com!)
Have some fun and use some masks in your next photo book (or calendar)!